In this episode of The Mess Haul, we unpack three current topics from other publications, grappling with questions like:
- What do the FED's efforts to tamp down consumer price inflation mean for 2022?
- What happens when a crypto crowdfund called a DAO (Decentralized Autonomous Organization) goes head-to-head with "legacy" investors in an auction for a first-edition printing of the U.S. Constitution?
- As more than just white-collar jobs come to depend on internet access, what are some ways to address the problem of connectivity inequity?
The Mess Haul features a more free-form conversational approach with multiple participants than our more interview-focused style. This format is designed to generate quick takes on a handful of recent topics, facilitating shorter, more opinionated discussion with a number of different perspectives. Each episode of The Mess Haul is recorded, edited, and released in the same day.
Today's guests: Anoushka Khanna, Boaz Salik
Articles referenced in this episode:
- Yahoo News - "What DAOs are And What They Might Buy Next"
- WIRED - "Smartphones Are a New Tax on the Poor"
- FischerJordan - "Making Sense (and Some Predictions) of Inflation"
- FischerJordan - "Don't Panic About Blockchain (But Do Pay Attention)"