#004 - Alternative Financing Before, During, & After a Global Pandemic - Naren Nayak and Sachin Goel
Naren Nayak is a 20-year veteran of Capital Markets and Securitization and current treasurer at Credibly, a leading small business fintech lender. In this episode of Views from the Crow's Nest, we sat down with him and senior FischerJordan manager Sachin Goel for a dialogue about the evolution of the alternative lending space in the time preceding, during, and eventually following the COVID-19 pandemic.
Some of what we covered:
- The difference between alternative and traditional lenders
- What makes an alternative lender more attractive to small businesses for securing financing
- How the COVID pandemic impacted the alternative commercial lending space and how things might look going forward
- How investor attitudes toward alt-lenders may have shifted post-COVID
- Potential impacts of cryptocurrency on the alt lending space in the future
Welcome to the crow's nest!